Your Step-By-Step Guide To Set Up And Execute A Successful Fundraise
50 exclusive videos guide you step-by-step: how you prepare and execute a successful fundraise. For only €297,-
Why Enroll In This Course
Actionable fundraising strategies, methods, and hacks, based on my experience of 10 years in 3 startups with €3.000.000 in 3 funding rounds.
No boring lectures! Enjoy engaging video tutorials where I explain everything. And you get templates, checklists and guides to implement what you learned.
What You Will Learn
Understand Venture Deals
The math behind venture investing – what investors need from you
Your First Investor Meeting
Your strategy for the first time you meet an investor
How to cold-contact investors like a pro
The Right Investor
Identify the right kind of investor for you and your startup
Where to find investors you can contact
Prepare Like A Pro
How to prepare for fundraising to get more meetings
About Me, Florian, Your Masterclass Instructor
Hi, I'm Florian!
Hi, I am Florian Kandler, initiator of the Startup Milestones platform for European startup founders. I'm a 3-time founder, currently working on launching my 4th company. With Fundraising Masterclass, I want to share my knowledge and help founders who REALLY want to take their fundraising abilities to the next level, and get the money that they and their startups deserve.
I will share my best and most actionable fundraising strategies, methods, hacks and tricks. It is a best-of from all I learned in the past 10 years:
- from my 3 startups that raised over €3.000.000 from VCs and Angels in Germany, Austria and the USA
- from 100s of hours of trial-and-error, fundraising and supporting other founders to raise funds for their startups
- from 100s of talks with successful founders, VCs, and Angels for my Startup Podcast and Startup Report
Why I Created The Fundraising Masterclass
Back in 2011, when I started fundraising for my startup Ulmon for the first time (and miserably failed for months), I felt overwhelmed and lost. I didn’t feel in control. I didn’t fully understand investors. And all the books and blogs I had read only partially helped me understand.
The biggest help I ever received, and the biggest progress I always made, was when I met experienced founders, who took me under their wings. When they listened to my struggles and shared their experience and concrete advice with me. That REALLY helped me. Those founders paid it forward to me - helped me - without expecting anything in return. Thank you Mark, Norberto, Paul - and many more!
Years later, I felt it was my turn to #PayItForward, and share what I had learned from 3 funding rounds in 2 of my companies. I started mentoring, teaching, doing workshops and even created a podcast.
And in spring 2017, I decided to try to create something, that contains all my fundraising experience; that is concrete and actionable; that helps founders across Europe speed up their fundraising and their chances of success. So, I went to work. It was tough. Sometimes frustrating. And more than once, I thought about giving up.
In July I finally felt ready to put the results on the table and make my creation available to the community – the baby was born! Its name: Fundraising Masterclass. I launched it, limited to 20 startup teams. And it was fully booked within days – by 30 founders from 20 startups from 8 countries across Europe.
And now, in October, I open it up for the next batch of 20 startups. I'd be excited if you joined this group of amazing founders - and let them and me be your startup mentors.
Sincerely yours, Florian Kandler
Where You May Have Seen Me Before
What You Will Learn
What's inside the Fundraising Masterclass
Course Topics Included
Section 1: How Venture Deals Work
- Understand the fundraising process: from preparation to closing
- Get a step-by-step plan to execute your fundraise
- Pros/cons of VC, Angels, Corps, Incubators, Grants, FFF
- The math of venture investing - how Investors calculate
- Manage your ownership structure across investment rounds
- Convertible Notes vs. Priced Rounds
- What value you can get from Smart Money investors Section 2: Your Valuation & How Much Money To Raise
- Understand your current phase & next milestones
- What progress you should focus on in your current phase
- What is the valuation of your startup
- How much money you could & should raise right now
- How you plan your fundraising timeline & strategy Section 3: The Most Effective Fundraising Material
- Your One-Liner to pitch your idea in one sentence
- Your Teaser, to raise interest in a short email
- Your Executive Summary, to get you in the door
- Your Pitch Deck variations for the right situations
- Other material that will help you get investor meetings
- The most effective hacks & tricks for your material Section 4: How To Contact & Meet Investors
- The best ways to contact investors
- How to cold-contact investors like a pro
- ?How to get powerful introductions to investors
- How to build relationships before needing money
- Which investors you should NOT contact
- How to get several investors interested simultaneously
- How to prepare for the first meeting
- Your strategy & goal for the first meeting
- What to do after your initial investor meeting Section 5: How To Close The Deal
- Understanding a Term Sheet
- The most important pieces of your contracts
- Negotiation tactics to get the deal you want
- Do's and Dont's during negotiations BONUS: The Fundraising Toolbox
- Tools to support your fundraising activities
- Lists of relevant resources experienced founders use
- Lists of investors in Europe to find your match INCLUDED: The FMC Community
- Contact to Masterclass students & alumni
- Access to our closed Facebook group
- Access to the bi-weekly live hangout Q&A
What Masterclass Students Say
Alumni Of Fundraising Masterclass
Founder/CEO of Agility Scales (Rotterdam)
Sara Green Brodersen
Founder/CEO of deemly (Copenhagen)
Batch #1 of Summer 2017 & Bath #2 of Autumn 2018
30 Founders, 20 Startups, 8 Countries (Photos below of Batch #1)
PLUS: more founders from Batch #2 of Autumn 2017 - from 10 countires
To learn how investors work, how they think and what's important to them was super helpful. -- Richard H.
The knowledge you get in the Fundraising Masterclass cannot be easily gathered elsewhere. It saved me a lot of time. -- Anna R.
Finally I found a process, a structured way to start and execute my fundraising. A great methodology! -- Sara B.
Real hands-on advice about what and how to prepare the right material for investors was extremely valuable. It gave us even more clarity than we thought we already had. -- Martin G.
Great methods and ideas to start right away. -- Jürgen G.
The structure of the presentation and your way of bringing the message across was great. -- Anna S.
I loved the content and your powerful enthusiasm -- Roland P.
I really loved it, the tips about how to approach investors. -- Calina G.
Any Questions? Drop me a line at :
To qualify to join Batch #3 of the Fundraising Masterclass, click the button below to join one of the upcoming Live Fundraising Strategy Webinars.
© Florian Kandler, GetFunding.how, Schelleingasse 26/2/16. 1040 Vienna, AT. Tel: +436643780811. Email: fmc(at)getfunding.how -- Imprint -- Icons by Freepik and flaticon.com by CC 3.0 BY